- Key Operational Leadership Role
- Parallel Safety/Process Improvement Focus
- Progressive, Customer Focused Port
Port Otago is the primary export port for the South Island region of New Zealand and believes strong competition offers real benefits to shipping lines and cargo owners. The business ensures this strong competition by delivering superior customer service in all of its integrated container and cargo handling, warehousing and container depot, and logistics and pilotage service activities. Port Otago’s people are committed to delivering the highest standards of port services at all times. Continued emphasis on optimising the supply chain makes the availability of a modern, multi-modal port in Otago essential to the economic wellbeing of southern New Zealand.
This newly created role, which reports to the GM Operations, has responsibility for the leadership and delivery of operational excellence across Port Otago’s operational activities. Opportunities for improvement in safety and process improvement across these activities are significant. The Operations Manager will play a critical leadership and coaching role for the large team of Operations Supervisors (up to seven). With staff numbers of over 110 and responsibility across a range of highly significant port operational activities this is a key leadership role.
To be successful in this challenging and rewarding role applicants could have a range of backgrounds. You will need to possess the following attributes:
- Leadership experience gained in a relevant, 24/7 operational work environment with a focus on delivering high levels of customer service.
- Personal commitment to health and safety.A focus on providing leadership in both safety and process improvement/change.
- The ability to lead and develop large numbers of people and build effective, productive teams.
- Superior interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
This role provides the opportunity for an experienced, operationally focussed leader to directly contribute to the development and performance of Port Otago. Strong performance in this role is likely to provide career development opportunities for the appointee. The importance of this role within the company will be reflected in the remuneration package.
For further information on Port Otago Ltd, please visit their website www.portotago.co.nz.
Confidential enquiries should be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter of EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 16 April, 2018. All applications will be acknowledged by email.