- Opportunity to address complex engineering challenges with high community impact
- Leadership to drive delivery & team performance
- Make the move South & enjoy an incredible outdoors lifestyle, stunning environment
Otago Regional Council manages the land, air and water resources, and provides flood and natural hazard protection and response on behalf of communities across Central Otago, Clutha, Waitaki, Queenstown Lakes and Dunedin. Climate change impacts, pressure on critical infrastructure, and Otago’s complex river systems from mountain headwaters to coastal mouths, creates a challenging environment that requires a forward-thinking approach. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an experienced Civil, Water or Environmental Engineer to lead a team of six and steer effective operation and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Operations and Maintenance Team, ensuring best practice and creating a culture of delivery and service.
- Oversee and support your team in operational delivery and maintenance of the region’s flood protection and land drainage schemes and associated infrastructure, including coast mouths and river deltas. This includes flood events readiness and response.
- Form collaborative working relationships with other teams within Council; Territorial Authorities and other Regional Councils; contractors, consultants, and regulatory bodies; and landowners that benefit from flood protection and land drainage schemes.
- Contribute to strategic development of Operations and Maintenance, continuous improvement of process, and delivery of levels of service.
- Assist in complex technical matters and provide professional oversight in the space of engineering standards, supervision of works and operational delivery, risk management, and contract management.
- A tertiary qualification and 4+ years’ experience in the field(s) of Civil, Mechanical, Natural Resources, Geotechnical, or Water Engineering.
- Prior experience in project and contract management and leading technical teams.
- Ideally have some experience in flood protection, coastal protection, land drainage, or river control schemes, although this is not essential.
- A tactful, diplomatic, coaching style of leadership, strong customer focus, and high professional standards and initiative.
If you’re looking for job interest and challenge and would enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that goes hand-in-hand with the Otago environment of rugged coastlines, spectacular mountains and alpine lakes, this position could be right for you.
Click Apply or to find out more, contact Lisa Hulley on 027 688 8831 in confidence.
Applications Close Sunday 4th October 2020.
Otago Regional Council has engaged Peak Recruitment to manage the recruitment of this position. Please direct all enquiries and applications to Peak Recruitment. Due to the Border Restrictions, we’re only accepting applications from New Zealand Citizens/Residents, or alternatively, New Zealand Work Visa holders currently in New Zealand.