- International Manufacturing Company
- Innovative and Market Leader
- Lean Manufacturing focus
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity wherein you can utilize your LEAN management skills?
Our client is a leader in its field that specialises in the development and manufacturing of world class products. They are committed to using the latest technology to continue to improve manufacturing methods and deliver real value to their customers, with over 30,000 employees globally.
The role of Operational Excellence Manager is based in Auckland and reports to the Deputy Managing Director. You will be responsible for managing and implementing the operational excellence system with all measures at the location, particularly between OtD and TtM process. Your leadership skills are crucial in executing lean production as well as Kaizen activities for direct and indirect areas, developing a systematic approach to ensure that Operational Excellence and Industrial Engineering methods are applied and executed within the location.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Lead, guide and instruct the Operational Excellence and Industrial Engineering organisation; ensuring the continuous improvement process and the application of relevant tools.
- Implement and further develop the production system to continuously improve the quality of the processes and products, create standard solutions for improvements.
- Train, coach and qualify the organisation in regard to Lean Production, Operational Excellence and Industrial Engineering.
- Support the implementation of the respective tools, ensuring coherence and uniformity of the introduced methods and tools according to the Corporate Management System (CMS).
- Participate in international collaboration and exchange of improvement ideas, best practices and best solutions within the Business Division.
- Support target achievement for the Management Team together with their disciplinary superiors.
- Report overall progress to ensure an optimum flow of information within internal and external departments (both national and international).
- Plan and control of roll-out projects with relevant departments; taking over project management for middle complex projects.
- Organisation of and leading regular Operational Excellence RoadMap reviews and planning of the accordant budgets/ advancement with the local management.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement Saving Program at the location.
To be successful for this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in similar discipline
- 6 - 7 years’ experience in a senior leadership role
- Experience in Lean and Continuous Improvement activities including leading the implementation of improvement initiatives
- LEAN management skills (Six-Sigma or comparable qualification)
- SAP experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proactive, able to lead a team and gain respect, with an inclusive management style
- Be hands-on, challenge the status quo
If you are passionate about operational excellence and continuous improvement, we want you!
For a confidential discussion, please contact Craig Williams on 022 011 6119 or click "Apply for this Job" and send your CV in Word format, quoting R7652 on all correspondence.