Do you know publishing like the back of your hand, yet live and breath the digital world?
Our client wants to expand by embracing the digital world and adapt their already successful magazine into a revenue generating digital entity. A critical hire is paramount to the success of this business evolution. A senior, competent hybrid creative is needed... an Online Editor / Digital Marketer.
This person will take the digital reigns and drive this online component to new heights.
This, 3 day per week, part-time role involves the development and management of online content of the magazine, social media platforms & the website, ensuring delivery of the best quality content to the right audiences, in the right place, at the right time. You will be responsible for developing the online brand voice, development and management of content for all digital platforms, and positioning content to the audience in an interesting and captivating manner.
You will also be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow the on-line audience and brand presence. You will need to be technologically savvy and have substantive interest and experience in digital platform development.
We are seeking a technically savvy digital content creator, editor and marketing specialist with a strong background in implementation of digital marketing campaigns to join a vibrant and dedicated team.
- 5+ years' experience in digital marketing, preferably in an online publishing environment
- Expert in understanding digital marketing techniques and technologies (web, social media, eDM, SEO, marketing analytics, marketing automation)
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
- Confidence to communicate and present to management and to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Creative digital campaign generator
- Professional personal presentation / appearance
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite of applications: Word, Publish, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience in desktop publishing principles and software such as Adobe Indesign would be an advantage
- Displays integrity to all contacts and maintains confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, or journalism
- 5+ years experience in communications or marketing, preferably in higher publishing or media
- Experience with website maintenance and using a content management system.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of organising, writing, editing, and publishing effective web content; information architecture; search engine optimization; and web content management
- Knowledge of image editing software to size, crop, and optimize images for the web
Personality & Culture Fit
- Team player
- Enjoyable to have around
- Loves the creative process
- Positive attitude
- High attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Isn’t afraid of a bit of banter and sharing load of ideas
Let Will and The Pond agents help you realise your market value and future career potential. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.