GlaxoSmithKline is a global research-based pharmaceutical company with a long and proud history in New Zealand. As an innovative pharmaceutical business, we rely on experts within our teams who come from a wide range of backgrounds working together towards our mission to help people feel better, do more and live longer.
The Medical Director role is a rare and exciting leadership opportunity that will allow you to make a meaningful and tangible contribution to an organisation that is committed to driving innovation and best practice leading with ethical approaches to all our activities including access to medicines and reinvestment into the communities we operate in. At the same time, GSK’s new HCP engagement model means expanded and high profile opportunities for the medical team.
Reporting into the Asia Pacific VP for Medical and Clinical with a dotted line into the New Zealand General Manager this is a critical, high profile role for the business.
Your responsibilities will be broad and will include:
- Developing, inspiring and sustaining a high performing medical team as well continuing to promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Providing high quality medical and scientific strategic input, guidance and insights to support the broader NZ business
- Working closely with commercial colleagues to ensure alignment of strategy and to provide leadership input into both operational and strategic decision making processes
- Medical governance, risk management, regulatory and pharmacovigilance accountabilities including considerations relating to patient safety
- Being an Ambassador for GSK in the NZ healthcare market forging strong relationships with external experts, HCP’s, regulators and thought leaders
We have a cohesive and collaborative leadership team in New Zealand and as such it is vital that you share our philosophy of putting our values of patient focus, integrity, respect for people and transparency at the heart of every decision we make.
In addition to this you will have:
- A medical degree and a sound working knowledge of the NZ healthcare environment as well as significant experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in medical affairs roles in the pharmaceutical industry at Senior Medical Advisor/Manager level or above (preferred).
- A high degree of skill in evaluation, presentation and application of scientific evidence and risk management principles.
- A commitment to the highest standards of ethical medical practice and governance.
Most of all you will be a passionate and inspiring leader with strong commercial acumen and a solutions focussed approach. With unparalleled influencing skills, you will bring your high level strategic thinking and leadership skills to this pivotal role.