- Mobile Diesel Fleet & Crane Focus
- Progressive, Growth Focused Port
- Senior Level Career/Lifestyle Opportunity
Are you looking for a business critical maintenance leadership role?
Globally recognised facilities and the rich primary export sectors of the South are features of Port Otago’s continued growth as a major export hub. Providing a comprehensive range of port, warehousing, logistics, transport and infrastructure related services, the Port continues to invest in facilities, service delivery and customer relationships that are focused on efficiency and effectiveness. The business is dynamic, has a 'hands-on' practical culture and provides career development opportunities to high performers.
Port Otago is looking to strengthen the Plant Maintenance Team with the appointment of an experienced mechanical maintenance supervisor. This senior level role provides motivational leadership to the multi skilled mechanical trade staff team delivering safe and documented maintenance services across a range of critical port assets including the heavy diesel mobile fleet, ship to shore cranes and a range of ocean going marine vessels. Ensuring the availability of these assets for operations is a critical responsibility.
It is expected that applicants will possess the following attributes:
- Proven leadership experience in a busy technical team environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintenance management experience in a relevant industry
- Heavy mobile diesel fleet and crane maintenance experience
- 'Hands-on' experience with modern maintenance management systems
- Knowledge of reliability engineering processes and maintenance strategy development
- A Degree or Diploma qualification in an engineering discipline.
Above all else you will have the desire and commitment to contribute at a high level within the Port Otago environment.
We are particularly interested in hearing from mechanical engineering leaders currently employed in the port industry or in relevant large mining/industrial operations. This role provides the opportunity for a highly motivated engineering professional to take the next step in their career. Strong performance in this role is likely to position the appointee for further career development opportunities.