- Uber is a technology company. We make a smartphone app that provides users with an on-demand, private car service at the push of a button.
- Uber is about applying mobile technology, data-driven decision making, and world-class operations teams to solve a massive, offline problem: urban transport.
- These are early days. Come join us, and help us build a new fabric for urban logistics that is redefining the way people experience and get around a city.
About The Job
- You will own user acquisition and engagement. You'll get to iteratively grow a user base by combining your nuanced understanding of the city with an ability to creatively engage its users.
- Uber’s ability to continually “wow” users is crucial to success — your job will be to surprise and delight riders with amazing experiences.
- Marketing Managers are the voice, face, and soul of Uber, and they serve as the personification of our fun, innovative, and service-obsessed brand.
- In practice you are highly social, and would be thrilled to represent Uber at events in your city. Your infectious enthusiasm leads tons of new users to want to check out Uber.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Ownership - Growth doesn’t happen on its own — Marketing Managers make growth happen. Passionate, self-driven and fearless, they are deeply committed to making Uber a success in their city, and rise to the occasion to solve problems, big and small.
- Creativity - You’ll be responsible for growing our rider base and brand presence - thinking of creative ways to segment users in your city and get the word out about Uber.
- Language - The ability to read and write Chinese and English fluently. As the voice of Uber in your city, you’ll engage daily with new and existing riders, using truly exceptional writing skills to craft blog posts, emails, and Tweets.
- Hustle - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. You're a fun, charismatic, people person who can talk to anyone; you’re excited to help build something game-changing and share it with the world.
- Marketing, PR, and Social Media experience preferred.
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for the Marketing Coordinator position.
- Employees are given free Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity to shape the strategic direction of the company.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
- The opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Full-time salary and equity compensation plan negotiable based on experience.