- Do you know what it takes to assist a business grow their business in Australia?
- Can you navigate local commercial market development processes and want to help others to do the same?
- Do you want to broaden your exposure to business and sectors?
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) is New Zealand's international business development agency. We help some of New Zealand's most forward thinking companies grow internationally - bigger, better and faster - for the benefit of New Zealand. Our team in Melbourne are looking for a Market Development Manager to join them and help New Zealand businesses enter the Australian market.
We look for individuals who are passionate about assisting businesses, who understand what it takes to enter a new international market and have a proven track record of navigating local commercial market development processes. In this role, you will;
- proactively support our customers to develop and execute their growth plans, provide strategic introductions, market analysis and research.
- be involved in the identification of potential in-market partners, help develop new channels to market and identify potential growth opportunities.
- play a key role in evaluating the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for our customers in comparison to their competitors, and then assist them in shaping and reshaping their strategies and business models to help them succeed.
Building strong relationships is key, so is an ability to leverage your business networks in Victoria and across Australia. Understanding our Customers and the challenges they face entering Australia as a new market will be central to your success. Your "can-do" attitude coupled with an excellent networking ability and creative problem-solving skills will make you the perfect addition to our Melbourne team especially if you've had some exposure agribusiness or horticulture in your career.
In return for all that, you'll get to work with some of NZ's exciting new technology businesses having a big impact across the Agri-tech industry and be able to leverage off New Zealand's well recognised strengths in Agribusiness and Horticulture to find opportunities in market for them. In addition, you'll be exposed to a broad cross section and scale of business, work with a small, energetic and passionate team, and have the ability to work creatively as part of a global organisation with over 40 offices around the world.
For more information about this role please check out the position description (globally titled Business Development Manager).
Applications close Sunday 20 November at 9pm (11pm NZ time)
Please note you need the right to work and live in Australia to apply for this position.