Who we are:
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE) works with some of New Zealand's most innovative and forward-thinking companies, helping them grow internationally. Our people are based in 50 offices, working across 24 time zones and 40 languages to support New Zealand businesses in over 100 countries.
What you’ll be doing:
The purpose of this role is to achieve greater impact and insight for customers by providing specialist market research and analysis. In addition, this role will be a key resource to assist the delivery of core customer facing work to help customers establish and grow their business internationally.
The Market Analyst role supports multiple customers through work driven by NZTE customer facing teams and is an essential part of the Export Mastery strategy For East Asia especially in active portfolio management.
The role supports BDMs working with customers at all stages of the Customer Way.
You will be providing analytical support to 8 offices across East Asia, including 25x BDMs. Working with BDMs to understand customer objective(s) and delivering a suitable output to enable decision making/development of strategy.
You will be the go-to regional knowledge expert in data and analytical techniques and trusted advisor to BDMs/TCs ensuring all regional research is conducted to best practice standards and delivers value to the customer.
You will provide a holistic view of market research activity and prioritisation across the region whilst maintaining a repository of information and insight. You will work in a proactive manner, hunting for knowledge, trends and insight to benefit NZTE customers across the region
What you’ll need to be successful:
• You will be experienced working with or advising businesses to maximise/convert their commercial outcomes.
• You will be knowledgeable in exporting and operating effectively in international markets.
• You will be an active listener, who takes time to really understand.
• You will be skilled at building and continuously growing strong trusted relationships with customers.
• You will have proven ability to conduct and produce research, analysis and reports to a high standard.
• Skilled at identifying key insights across large information sets (data and anecdotal) and making them meaningful for leaders.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Skilled in analytical software and understanding business models.
• Experience dealing with vendors/consultants to deliver high profile projects.
• Hold a relevant tertiary qualification or have demonstrated expertise through past work experience.
• Exceptional MS office skills.
Why you’ll love working here:
We are an ambitious team who expect greatness of ourselves. Our environment encourages experimentation and constant learning, intellectual challenge and absolute honesty. We keep promises and honour commitments and We celebrate the mana (strength and dignity) of each other as being equal to or greater than our own.
For more information about the role please see the position description.
To be considered please apply before midday 1st November.
At NZTE we believe New Zealand is good for the world. For us it’s all about the people and how we can work with our diverse global team to be the best they can be. We work flexibly at NZTE and we’re keen to talk to you about what that might mean for you in this role. We’re deeply connected and celebrate the diversity of our people across the globe and embrace how that drives our organisation forward.