ATEED is the economic growth agency for the Auckland region and is one of six Auckland Council-controlled organisations (CCOs). ATEED is tasked with driving innovation and transforming the local economy, so that Auckland is a desirable place to visit, live, work, play, invest and do business.
We have an opportunity for a confident engagement manager with strong understanding of tikanga Māori and existing relationships with ngā mana whenua o Tāmaki Makaurau to join ATEED's Stakeholder Relations team. This person will represent and convey the needs and aspirations of ngā mana whenua o Tāmaki Makaurau to ATEED, and the needs and aspirations of ATEED to mana whenua, in line with ATEED's operating principle of kotahitanga.
He Angitūtanga- The Opportunity
ATEED not only recognises its legal and statutory obligations to Māori, but also the importance of Māori to the future prosperity of Auckland and therefore all aspects of ATEED's work. Your commitment to enabling ATEED to achieve Māori outcomes will be best exemplified through:
- Supporting ATEED to strengthen and maintain high trust relationships with mana whenua at a governance level
- Ensuring that ATEED's work programmes reflect the specific needs of mana whenua and Māori communities
- Building purposeful relationships with Local Boards, Senior Leadership and the Independent Māori Statutory Board (IMSB) as well as central agencies to reflect the activity undertaken by ATEED with mana whenua
- Empowering a strong collective kaupapa by providing advice, guidance and support to colleagues on the engagement with Māori communities and mana whenua
- Developing strategic partnerships with important stakeholders to deliver on ATEED's commitments to Māori, whether arising from Te Tiriti o Waitangi relationships and in legislation, or through the development and implementation of ATEED work programmes
Ō Pūkenga me ō Wheako - Your Skills and Experience
You will be firmly grounded in kaupapa Māori - it is the essence of your worldview, it gives meaning to your work. Driven by your kaupapa, you will tautoko our teams, providing excellent advice and guidance to decision-makers, leadership and staff across ATEED on mana whenua and Māori community relationship management and governance.
- Firmly rooted in Te Ao Māori - a minimum of 10 years' experience working with iwi, hapū and Māori
- Previous experience working in a Senior Advisory role with a key focus on Māori engagement
- Strong communication - experience with relationship management, ability to write reports
- Local or central government experience - understanding of complex networks and stakeholders
ATEED's commitment to respond to the needs of Māori in Tāmaki Makaurau has never been stronger. We are working on a number of exciting projects that celebrate Māori as Auckland's point of difference in the world - including the Tamaki Herenga Waka Festival, Māori business development and entrepreneurship. Be the change you want to see in the world by leading and influencing better outcomes with and for Māori.
Does this sound like the next step in your career journey? We'd like to hear from you! Applications close at 10.30pm Wednesday 8 February 2017.