Amazon’s Game Studios is seeking a talented Managing Editor, Breakaway for our studio in Irvine, CA. Imagine having the opportunity of driving the vision of a news stream for gamers at one of the most customer centric companies on the planet, aspiring to build the next big thing in gaming. You will be able to work cross functionally with our community, marketing and game teams to craft a vision and lead the execution of editorial content for gamers on the web. Working closely with Twitch will also allow you to amplify the most engaged and passionate gamers in the world.
As the Managing Editor, Breakway you are versed in every aspect of orchestrating the creation of a news feed for gamers. You thrive by developing, in collaboration with a mix of stakeholders and content contributors from internal teams and external resources, the editorial pipeline for kickass content to be served to players daily. As an excellent writer yourself, you enjoy writing as well as helping others in the craft. As a core gamer, you understand and speak the language of the gaming community, and you can help others master it. You love the idea of discovering new and compelling content on the internet, and curating the best of it to amplify it on AGS channels. You understand social discovery, and are experienced in all the practices needed to have your content shared by players on social media. And most importantly, you’re passionate about the idea of always be relevant to player’s needs with posts that matter.
The Managing Editor, Breakaway reports to the Head of Community and EsportsWe expect this role to:
- Quickly gain a deep understanding of our players and our games
- In concert with community, marketing and game team build an ambitious editorial vision for our news stream and social media channels, including voice, editorial calendar, formats, content mix and guidelines
- Create an execution plan including internal and external resources to reliably deliver content day and day out
- Coordinate effectively with the central, marketing and game teams, as well as Twitch, finance and legal
- Manage relationships with external community content creators, shoutcasters, cosplayers, evangelist and contributors
- Pen major contributions directly
- Project manage contributions
- Coach and edit other contributors
- Work with our web team to develop the right features for the site
- Own the management of our CMS
- Be responsible for our web traffic and social media KPIs
All applicants MUST submit links or attachments of previously published work.
- BA degree required
- 5+ years of experience in a gaming blog, either as managing editor or key contributor
- Significant body of work in writing for game journalism
- Proven familiarity with working with a CMS solution
- Being passionate about games and the gamers community
- Familiarity with HTML and social media optimization
- Experience in running a collaborative creative process
- Deep experience with console or PC game community management or marketing
- Passion for MMOs and/or Survival Crafting