Manager/Senior Manager, Valuations and Business Modelling
Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Infrastructure Advisory, Restructuring Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Join Valuation and Business Modelling and you join a team of experienced professionals who bring to clients excellence in corporate finance and financial modelling. You will help clients with decisions related to investments, business valuations, capital structure, strategy and the valuation of intangibles such as brands. You will also be helping clients with complex financial analysis and planning/forecasting using models. With over 1,600 valuation professionals worldwide, no similarly positioned global professional organisation can match our breadth of capabilities or our depth of resources.
About the opportunity:
In your role as a Manager/Senior Manager you’ll:
- Manage, deliver and review a wide range of valuation and financial model builds for a range of clients and industries
- Coach and support junior members to provide ongoing career development opportunities and mentoring
- Responsible for business development and actively utilising your network to bring on new business for the firm including the ability to leveraging of existing relationships at EY
- Project manage key engagements, particularly valuation, financial modelling, feasibility studies and independent expert reports
- Proactively resolve any escalated cases and mitigate any delays that may affect client deliverables
We’re looking for people with the following experience:
- At least four to five years’ post qualification experience in a corporate finance or financial modelling team within a Big 4 Accounting firm or an Investment Bank
- Experienced in managing assignments and dealing with clients to deliver agreed outcomes on timescales set
- Demonstrated ability to complete valuations to support transactions and financial reporting and in specifying and building financial models to support forecasting, planning and investment analysis
- Tertiary qualified with relevant papers completed in commerce, finance or economics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of data visualisation tools such as Spotfire or Tableau and/or the ability to code in Visual Basic is a plus
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
Three things you probably don’t know about EY:
- We support flexible working conditions so that you can balance your work and life needs
- We have an on-site gym and offer discounts around banking and health insurance
- We offer up to $6,000 (subject to income tax) for employee referrals
Create the career you want and apply today! Click on the link to apply now: http://bit.ly/2cmOcnO
© 2016 Ernst & Young, New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.