Manager, Risk, Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
EY is a market leader in internal audit and financial risk controls where we provide an integrated perspective on all aspects of organisational risk including governance, risk and compliance as well as enterprise risk management.
We invest heavily in our people, methodology and technology in support of our commitment to quality. We innovate by utilising tools and enablers such as embedded data analytics and controls optimization in our work to provide efficient and cost-effective internal audits to our top tier clients across New Zealand.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you’ll gain valuable insight across multiple industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime!
About the opportunity
As a Manager you will be responsible for:
- Lead engagements, including managing the financial aspects of engagements
- Assist in new business development opportunities and building client networks and relationships
- Actively identify opportunities to streamline processes and enhance operational efficiency
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people-related initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training of Risk professionals
To be successful in this role you will bring the following skills and experience:
- Previous management consulting and/or industry experience in Risk or Internal Audit
- A proven track record of being successful in winning new business
- A commercial mindset with experience in the government sector (preferred but not essential)
- A strong self-starter with sound judgement and a high level of initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous professional services experience with demonstrated sales experience will be highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
- Build your experience across a range of wider Risk related engagements in Advisory
- Work on interesting projects for some of NZ’s most reputable companies
- The chance to build your personal brand and leverage off EY’s wider global network
- Access to the latest tools, technology and solutions
- The chance to join the leading Oceania practice in Risk
- A great location, flexible working arrangements, subsidised onsite gym and banking and insurance discounts available
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world, to help create wider economic and social benefits today, and a strong legacy for a better tomorrow.
Across every part of EY, we dig deeper in pursuit of better working. Does better begin with you? Click here http://bit.ly/2ldRLT9 to find out. The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.
© 2017 Ernst & Young New Zealand. All Rights Reserved.