It’s the chance to spearhead the UK & EMEA Publicity team’s documentary initiative, working alongside our global team based in LA. It’s a chance to take different approaches to manage and execute promotional and publicity campaigns across our varied slate and to help start your own playbook. Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies, documentaries and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 80 million streaming members in over 190 countries.
The Manager, Original Documentary Publicity Manager UK & EMEA will work across several different disciplines responsible for bringing original documentaries to fruition here at Netflix. We are looking for a a team member who is able to formulate and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will think strategically and use sound judgement to make wise decisions. They will have a strong work ethic and understand the film & doc industry. The ideal candidate will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonizing and will be candid and direct, even when that approach might be controversial. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers. The role will report to the Director of Originals Publicity UK & EMEA.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader, familiar with the Netflix culture deck and is eager to work among like-minded colleagues and embrace the company's philosophies. They are passionate about documentaries. They will have at least 7-10 years of film and/or TV industry experience and will be able to successfully strategize and communicate innovative publicity campaigns, working well across disciplines to execute on said campaigns. Experience working on awards campaigns is a plus. The ideal candidate is high energy and motivated, with strong relationship-building capabilities and the capacity to work in a very fast-paced environment. They will have current experience working hands-on with media, and filmmakers/talent alike as well as solid relationships with key film & documentary journalists & tastemakers.
To succeed at Netflix, the candidate must also possess the following characteristics:
- Creative: Demonstrated ability to think innovatively—connecting the dots when others cannot. Able to make the leap from information to insight. Able to identify, nurture and help refine compelling creative ideas and concepts.
- Succinct Communicator: Great writer and clear talker. Can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet and quickly responds to issues and questions. Says it like it is; not wrapped in political niceties.
- Pragmatic, Organized and Detailed: Has a big capacity to both think and ‘do’. Flourishes in a ‘hands on’ role, adding value at different levels. Is strong on detail and highly organized.
- A smart minimalist: Keeps things simple. Knows that global communications can be made complex - and will resist and prevent that.
- Has a Point of View: An independent thinker willing and able to express and support a point of view.
- Pace: Moves at a nice clip and enjoys having multiple projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy and get things done within short timeframes.
- Integrity: Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
- An Adult: Is a mature, fully-formed adult with a happy, well balanced life. Is motivated by what is best for Netflix.