Being crowned Airline of the Year for the 5th year running doesn't happen by accident (*AirlineRating.com; Airline of the Year). Consistently demonstrating success and maintaining our position as a first-choice airline requires constant innovation and a commitment to superior in-flight innovations, performance, safety, environmental focus, fleet age and staff engagement. Air New Zealand has refreshed its core strategy to successfully deliver improved business performance resulting in sustained, profitable growth and a uniquely kiwi experience.
Reporting to GM Networks, the primary purpose of the Manager Network Strategy and Market Intelligence role is to define a network strategy that:
- Maximises current and future financial performance of the network
- Delivers profitable and sustainable network growth
- Delivers on customer service metrics
- Puts Air New Zealand in a leading competitive position
The successful candidate will lead a Network Strategy & Market Intelligence team to develop Air New Zealand's long term network strategy. The key accountabilities include:
- Monitor network portfolio trends and recommend changes to the network to optimise performance
- Develop a roadmap for new market entry, including new market principles
- Establish a clear set of priorities for each existing market including frequency and growth, or exits as appropriate
- Provide input into fleet purchase and reconfiguration decisions
- Lead the compilation and dissemination of industry intelligence to develop competitive strategies, through leading the Market Intelligence function
- Lead, coach and develop a high performing team
- Contribute positively to the creation of a cohesive Networks team
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified and have significant experience in a senior strategic role within a complex global airline environment. You have advanced analytical capability and problem solving skills. You are known for your exceptional business acumen and you are well versed with interpreting data to inform critical business decisions. With superior communication and relationship building skills, you collaborate effectively with stakeholders to gain buy-in on initiatives.
This is a critical position for Air New Zealand's success and will have high visibility to senior stakeholders within the organisation. If you think you have what it takes to join a team to drive meaningful growth in one of New Zealand's leading companies and one of the aviation industry's leading airlines then please get in touch with us!
Whāia te pae tawhiti kia tata. Ko te pae tata whakamaua, kia tina.