Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
As Strategic Partner Manager, YouTube and Google Play Music, your role will be to support the AUNZ team in dealing with all internal and external partnerships and partner operations. The team works with major and independent record labels, charts companies, and other third party partners peripheral to the music industry (telcos, OEMs, etc).
We are looking for a strong candidate who is able to engage with senior partners both internally and externally, think strategically and take action based on strong analytical skills.
There's always more information out there, and our Partnerships team works to get it. We develop relationships with a range of organizations, from content providers to publishers, and find ways for them to reach their audiences and manage their digital businesses. We find great content for our products, and we also work with partner sites to syndicate our own Google products. From negotiating agreements to solving technical problems for partners, we're in pursuit of gathering the world's information.
- Prepare YouTube Partner channel assessments proactively to optimize presence. Prepare business review materials – including data and financial analysis and presentation preparation – for our major and independent label partners, and assist in the delivery of partner business reviews.
- Track all Partner technical issues and work with CPO/Google Play Operations teams to resolve.
- Support the music team in all aspects of event execution, including – but not limited to – preparing presentation materials, invitations, all event logistics, and assisting in the delivery of partner presentations. Assist with ad hoc projects including building out the YouTube Creator x Artist collaboration program and others as they arise.
- Work closely with the merchandising team to design Google Play Music campaigns and promotions.
- Work with label partners to ensure that we secure the best titles for each of our Google Play campaigns. Identify and plug holes in our content catalogue by reaching out to label partners to ensure that we have parity on catalogue delivery for all new releases; Ensure pre-approved artwork and artist imagery is up to date and available for merchandising and marketing team usage.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- YouTube Certified.
- 5 years of experience with YouTube or a digital platform.
- Experience with the Music industry. Experience with music content and Google’s music products.
- Familiarity with key music industry players and content.
- Strong understanding of the internet media space, search engines and digital content business models.
- Good technical know-how, attention to detail and ability to develop creative solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills regarding contractual, financial and technical issues.