Who are we?
PwC Treasury Advisory is New Zealand’s leading advisor in the specialist area of financial risk and corporate treasury management. We design and recommend treasury policies, funding and investment strategy, hedging strategies/programmes to protect our clients’ balance sheet and profits from adverse movements in foreign exchange rate, interest rate and commodity market variables. In our growing business we presently are retained treasury advisors to over 130 corporate, industry organisation, and council clients throughout New Zealand.
What you will be doing?
Based in our Wellington office you will report to our Treasury Advisory Partners, and work alongside a specialised team. You will play a key role to all areas pertaining to managing and advising the retained client base and completing one-off treasury assignments as well as;
• Advising on debt funding and fixed interest investment strategies
• Advising on the design, recommendation and pricing of client hedging strategies
• Delivering on client requests relating to treasury policy and implementation, financial market insights and hedging strategies
• Responsibility for monitoring of client risk exposure positions
• Participating in client treasury meetings
• Preparation of economic and financial market presentations and reports
• Treasury policy design and documentation. Analysis of client, financial market risks and exposures, risk analysis and @risk financial risk modelling of foreign exchange, interest rate and commodity price risks.
What you'll need to bring to the role
We are seeking a treasury professional with the following attributes:
• At least 4 years’ experience within a banking, corporate treasury or treasury advisory role
• Past experience in a role with exposure to; financial derivatives, debt and fixed interest investment instruments, financial markets, economic and financial market trends/analysis;
• Strong analytical and report writing skills;
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build trusted relationships;
• Ability to fit into a highly focused team of professionals, motivate, manage and coach junior staff.
A tertiary qualification, in economics, finance, accounting, mathematics/statistics, engineering or applicable field would be expected, while a well-developed sense of humour and hunger for knowledge will be appreciated! A related professional qualification and/or membership.
Why we think that PwC is a great place to work
At PwC, we see every day how people make businesses great. But it’s not solely about skills; true market distinction comes from having a diverse team of people who feel included, comfortable and motivated in their careers.
A career with PwC gives you a distinct opportunity to work with market-leading private businesses, public-sector organisations and government agencies to help solve their big issues. In our highly skilled environment, you’ll be enabled by cutting-edge technology and a culture of self-disruption, allowing you to do the best work of your life.
We show how much we value you by providing a large range of competitive and highly flexible benefit as well as a competitive salary and the opportunities for travel and relocation through the global PwC network.
If you'd like to jump at this opportunity, please apply on-line via the below link