- Defines compelling corporate communications strategy for department’s communications plan that specifies objectives, priorities, activities, metrics, value-add and time lines for the following disciplines: (1) corporate media relations, (2) executive positioning, and (3) sponsorships;
- Drafts high-quality news releases, speeches, op-eds, position statements, fact sheets, brochures, presentations and other collaterals;
- Drafts key messages and places “stories” on topics such as autonomous driving, electrification, digitalization, connectivity, innovation and quality in close coordination with the VP, Public Relations and the corporate communications team at Porsche headquarters in Zuffenhausen/Germany;
- Identifies select key speaking engagements and (media) placement opportunities for the CEO and select members of the Executive Committee. Prepares all materials.
- Develops and executes media positioning strategy and activities for the Porsche Experience Centers (PEC) Atlanta and Los Angeles in coordination with the PEC teams and the VP, Marketing;
- Prepares interviews and related materials for members of the Executive Committee at domestic and international auto shows in coordination with the Product Communications team;
- Prepares town hall and all employee meetings and other select events, aligning closely with the VP, HR and other departments;
- Oversees content development and refresh of company intranet;
- Serves as spokesperson for corporate topics and fields all media inquiries in a professional and timely manner;
- Oversees and prepares all corporate press conferences and media programs/events;
- Develops and maintains robust relationships with key national, state and local media (print, online, broadcast);
- Works with agency of record on defined and approved projects within budgeted hours;
- Monitors and collects PCNA media coverage for analysis and reporting purposes;
- Ensures compliance with IT protocols, including proper retention of electronic documents, business confidential information, and competitive information in both electronic and non-electronic formats.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Political Science or Public Relations from an accredited university is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience as a corporate spokesperson/ communications manager or as a senior level professional in a public relations firm with in-depth corporate communications experience.
- At least three years in a management position. The ideal candidate will have had previous experience working as a journalist
- Proficiency in a foreign language, particularly German, Spanish or Chinese is desirable, but not required
- Strong leadership skills. Strong spokesperson with in-depth understanding of how media works;
- Demonstrated track record in setting direction and in planning and executing effective, metrics-based external and internal communications and outreach strategies. Must have experience in executive positioning;
- Technical expertise and demonstrated ability to explain complex technology in simple terms; Demonstrated ability to develop compelling narratives for key topics;
- Maintains strong network with key journalists (print, online, broadcast). Is respected and recognized by key members of the press corps;
- Expert level verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Superb writing skills are an essential prerequisite;
- Strong interpersonal skills – flexible, energetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, highly motivated. Strong, hands-on team player who enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Self-starter and very strong multi-tasker. Highly efficient and process-driven. Enjoys working in a lean organization with flat hierarchies;
- Experience in selecting and managing work flows with reputable public relations firms is required. Demonstrated ability in providing concise, well-defined statements of work and working in a time and budget-conscious manner;
- Proven experience in sound budget planning and controlling;
- Is ethical in all his/her dealings. Understands the importance of integrity and compliance (“zero tolerance”);
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Lotus Notes and other MS Office products;
- Familiar with media trends and usage and impact of current social media tools;
- Willingness to travel (20%) domestically and internationally and work evenings and weekends;
- Will prioritize all activities based on value-add to the organization and PR value;
- Command of procurement policies and processes.