- Deliver a corporate communication and stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Manage national campaigns for a rural audience.
- Understands the needs of stakeholders in the primary industry.
OSPRI is a non-profit organisation which operates in partnership with New Zealand’s primary industries and government to achieve on-farm biosecurity objectives through animal disease management and traceability. OSPRI works closely with shareholders, Beef and Lamb New Zealand, Dairy NZ, Deer Industry New Zealand and the Ministry for Primary Industries, plus a range of other stakeholders, to deliver on our value statement: Farmers and markets can depend on us to provide assurance as to the health and status of animals.
OSPRI has a key role in the biosecurity system to contribute to New Zealand’s national and international reputation in animal products. TBfree and National Animal Identification and Tracing are OSPRI programmes.
With a new Chief Executive at the helm, significant and exciting changes have been made over the last 12 months including the recent establishment of a high performing, collaborative and forward-thinking organisation with a strong emphasis on organisational agility. The next step OSPRI’s evolution has been to create a new Manager, Communications and Engagement position to support the vision of this team.
About the Role
The Manager, Communications and Engagement leads a communications team to deliver corporate communications and national stakeholder engagement strategies. In this role you would align organisational strategic priorities and culture with fit-for-purpose messaging across a range of channels. A key aspect of this role is looking at how OSPRI engages with internal and external stakeholders. This will require a sharp eye for identifying key client and customer service needs and developing strategies to enhance customer service through campaigns, process and key messaging. It is important that this role balances knowledge for the primary sector and its political nuances with relatable communications for its target audience.
This role will play a key role in the image of OSPRI, and requires a skilled communications leader who:
- Has proven experience in developing and implementing communication strategies and managing multiple brands, managing vendors in communications, and media management.
- Has a passion to translate being customer-centric into a variety of influential communications messages and outputs.
- Is knowledgeable of the industry, and tailors messages to a target audience to identify key client and customer needs.
- Has a reputation for understanding and working in areas that can attract high levels of external interest, as well as supporting stakeholders in the farming industry.
- Provides leadership experience in achieving strategic goals and objectives in a complex environment, with a high level of customer focus and stakeholder engagement.
- Has strong written and oral communication skills.
- Brings a positive energy and enjoys working under pressure and driving their team to deliver results.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday, 24 June 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: John King on 04 550 8000