Volunteer Service Abroad covers costs while you are on assignment, including travel, accommodation, living allowance and more.
Work alongside local non-governmental organisation Ba Futuru. This Timorese organisation has a vision to build a culture of peace and non-violence. They support local people by providing them with the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve this vision. Ba Futuru run various programmes, including a Peace Centre for children and Youth; Dynamic Drama Programmes which tour nationally; and training programmes for local communities and leaders.
This is an opportunity to work alongside the senior leadership team and other key staff within Ba Futuru to build capacity and identify areas for progression where possible.
In working with the senior management team, you will be responsible for assessing their leadership capabilities. This will include training and mentoring in decision-making, and succession planning and its implementation. As the ideal candidate, you will also have the ability to provide advice on business planning and financial management.
While on this assignment, you will help identify and mentor key staff within the organisation who are capable of supporting the senior management team and taking up senior roles in the future. You will engage in mentoring staff to improve their critical thinking, problem solving, planning, and management skills. You will be responsible for working alongside the staff to develop an internal peer support network. You will also engage in assisting management staff in developing performance management and planning policies, procedures and templates.
VSA assignments provide a unique opportunity for professional development by sharing your skills to build thriving communities in the pacific and beyond.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Qualification in Business, Management or other relevant discipline or relevant senior management and operational management experience
- Understanding of economic empowerment initiatives such as business development, income generation activities, leadership and management
- Demonstrated competency in human resource and performance management
- An understanding of financial management in a non-governmental or civil society context, including the identification and development of alternative revenue streams
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others