Major Infrastructure Engineering Projects Manager
Join one of the world’s leading engineering, architecture, environmental and planning companies. With an expanding portfolio of transportation projects, GHD has achieved unprecedented levels of performance in this sector. Passionate about achieving sustainable transport outcomes that are fundamental to a community’s economic prosperity and quality of life, we have a reputation for providing solutions that create efficient, reliable and well-planned transportation systems.
Join a highly-motivated network of more than 8500 people who collaborate seamlessly across the world to enhance the quality of communities in which people live and work.
What we offer:
We offer a professional and friendly culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. Our culture is diverse and highly collaborative. We can give you the opportunity to work on interesting projects with industry leaders. In addition to a competitive salary, GHD also provides attractive career and lifestyle options including professional development through the GHD Business School, flexible leave, family-friendly practices and an active social club.
We are currently looking for experienced large-scale civil infrastructure project managers to work on infrastructure projects across New Zealand. You will work across our Transport, Water, Structures, Geotechnical, Environmental, Architectural, Planning and Buildings Services teams. Ideally, candidates would have experience in one or more of:
- Working in a consulting environment
- Background in civil infrastructure engineering
- Exposure to all disciplines (Transport, Structural, Water, Geotechnical) in medium to large scale multi-disciplinary projects
- Working knowledge of public and private sector
- Civil design experience
- Construction monitoring
- Design build projects
- Establishing partnering relationships with contractors
- Management of client/site sub-contractors
- Preparation of proposals and bids for projects
The roles we are looking to fill would suit candidates with between 6 – 20+ years of relevant work experience.
Our project management teams operate out of our Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Palmerston North, Hamilton and Hastings offices.
Key skills required:
- Communication skills
- Commercial awareness and cost control
- Strong client focus (both internally and externally)
- Site safety and quality experience
- Design management
- Risk Awareness
- Degree or diploma qualified
- Professional Accreditation an advantage
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your covering letter and resume to Renee Brennan – NZRecruitment@ghd.com.