· Newly Created Senior Leadership Role
· Leading New Zealand Food Company
· Develop and Implement Pricing Plans
Are you looking for the opportunity to develop and implement livestock market offers and improve processing capacity utilisation?
Alliance Group is New Zealand's only 100% farmer owned red meat co-operative, supplied by skilled and passionate Kiwi farmer shareholders. Established in 1948, Alliance Group is one of New Zealand's largest exporters employing 4,700 staff during the peak of the season and operating eight processing plants throughout the South and lower North Islands. Alliance Group is currently part way through a major organisational transformation that will build a stronger co‑operative for its farmer shareholders by maximising operational efficiency and capturing more market value.
The Livestock Commercial and Planning Manager will strengthen Alliance Group’s shareholder and supplier relationships and enhance its strong, current market position through overseeing pricing management including the development of market offers, managing livestock budgeting, forecasting and financial performance, leading the livestock plant reservation team and monitoring livestock market insights. This newly created, Invercargill-based role will report to and work closely with the GM Livestock & Shareholder Services in leading a change programme to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of livestock processes to ensure plant utilisation is optimised.
Candidates for this role are likely to possess the following:
· An understanding of and genuine interest in pastoral farming and the agri-business sector
· Successful commercial and planning management experience gained in a relevant industry such as food processing, energy, fuel, airline etc.
· High level commercial acumen and financial literacy
· Advanced analytical and modelling skills together with strong, practically based IT skills
· Well developed interpersonal skills and effective communication ability
· Leadership capability with demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve increased capability and performance
· A relevant commerce, economics, agribusiness or supply chain degree qualification
This is a challenging, senior level, commercial role which should appeal to individuals who want to develop and implement market pricing offers and improve processing capacity utilisation. If you see yourself as having the desired skills for a role at this level and are keen to add value to Alliance Group, your application is welcome.
Confidential enquiries can be directed to Alan Head or Jane Cotter at EQI Global on +64 3 377 7793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be acknowledged by email.