- Auckland Central
- Help us shape Auckland's future, supporting infrastructure projects through quality legal advice
- Flexible working, competitive salary, variety and development opportunities
We are looking for an experienced Solicitor to support Auckland's transport infrastructure development. Use your legal skills and experience to help us shape Auckland.
Auckland Transport is shaping Auckland, focused on delivering transport choices for a growing Auckland. We are in various stages of design, construction and delivery for a number of key projects across Auckland including Mill Road, Matakana Link Road and changes to the northern corridor just to name a few with each project ranging in size, value and complexity. Our Legal Team play a crucial part in enabling these projects and allowing Auckland Transport to meet our organisational objectives
About the role
As the Legal Counsel - Property and Construction, you will provide considered legal advice across these projects and a broad range of matters on behalf of Auckland Transport including:
- The Public Works Act to support the Property Acquisition Team for the development of new transport infrastructure
- Infrastructure funding and negotiations for special housing areas
- Complex infrastructure works
- Iwi negotiations
You will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders ranging from council controlled organisations, the New Zealand Transport Agency and government agencies, to a number of other special interest groups as you negotiate and advise on issues that arise from Auckland Transport's proposed and current projects.
We are looking for a skilled Solicitor with relevant tertiary qualification and current practicing certificate. You will also have:
- Significant post-qualification experience in property and construction
- Specialist knowledge of the Public Works Act
- Experience negotiating and working with complex funding arrangements
- Great stakeholder management experience
Working for Auckland Transport
In this you will work closely with senior leaders to support them with their objectives. Your legal advice will support projects that are changing transport for Auckland. With the number and complexity of these projects increasing, you will have numerous opportunities to develop your skills while working being able to work flexibly. We also offer:
- Modern waterfront based office
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid parental and partner leave
- Professional development and training
- A supportive, high performing team environment
- Health and Wellbeing benefits
How to apply
If you are interested, have your CV and Cover Letter ready and apply on our website or click the apply button and help us shape Auckland.
At Auckland Transport we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where people come first and feel safe, respected, valued and supported, regardless of our differences.
We also support flexible working that meets the needs of our people and the business, so please talk to us about how we could make this role flexible for you.