Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone and we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 450+ cities worldwide, including over 50+ cities in EMEA with plans to rapidly expand in the region. We have already found strong product market fit with a world changing service, but we’re only just getting started.
UberEATS is looking for a highly experienced Lead Marketing Manager who can own the customer story for UberEATS while meticulously unpacking the key levers for growing our business.
This is a critical role as it interfaces between UberEATS users and restaurant partners to cultivate the UberEATS brand and build demand for the service. This role calls for a combination of strategic planning and analytics, business development, marketing, leadership and people management. You should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, thrive in a startup culture, and above all be passionate about food.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that Uber users, partner restaurants, and partner couriers are able to experience the magic of UberEATS. The Lead Marketing Manager will oversee the dedicated Marketing team and drive initiatives that span ’eater’ experience, brand, content, campaigns, conversion analytics, business development, and account management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define the UberEATS marketing strategy - Identify and prioritize brand and analytics-related projects and ensure swift execution of the strategy
- Storytelling, brand, and content - Own the UberEATS brand in your city, create compelling stories for our users, and help drive more users into the funnel. Optimistic
- Leadership - the ability to motivate, develop and inspire an enthusiastic team to achieve remarkable results and drive real innovation.
- User focus - Know our ‘eaters’ inside and out. Deeply understand their habits and preferences. Have a pulse on city specific trends. Use these insights to grow demand for UberEATS.
- Analysis - Quantify everything you do and promote a data-driven approach within the Marketing team. Utilize quantitative-based decision making to improve our marketing strategy. Prioritize initiatives based on highest return on investment.
- Playbooking - Document everything. The takeaways from UberEATS today will pave the way for growth in markets around the world.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW / HAVE:
- 6+ years of experience in product marketing, consumer marketing, business intelligence, business development, and/or consulting experience in a rapidly changing environment.
- 2+ years experience of managing dynamic and fast moving marketing teams.
- Growth hacking - You know how to meticulously unpack the key levers for growing a business through keen analysis and scientific experimentation.
- A bias for data - You naturally take a scientific and highly analytical approach to everything you do. You have experience leading a data-driven marketing strategy using a wide range of available quantitative insights (surveys, focus groups, A/B testing, ad-hoc analysis…)
- Written communication - You have strong written communication skills, especially in the context of consumer marketing. You’ll define the tone of the UberEATS communication and will be supervising the creation of user content.
- Detail orientation – You have high standards for everything you do, and dig into the details to assure that your team’s output consistently meets a high bar.
- An eye for design - You know what goes into a great photo, you can create beautiful print layouts, and you can’t wait to draw out the beauty in everyday dining experiences and use it to create a compelling story for our users.
- A foodie. We want people who are passionate about food and want to revolutionize the way great, quality food is delivered in their own city.
- Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan