- Opportunity to grow your career while designing outdoor and recreation facilities
- Great team environment
- Dynamic, fast-growing company with enviable projects
Stellar Projects is looking for high-achievers to participate in the design of parks and recreation facilities throughout New Zealand. If this is you, contact us!
Our company boasts a strong and dedicated team, delivering a wide variety of projects to an enviable range of clients. We understand the importance of providing a great experience for our stakeholders - both internal and external.
If being part of a dynamic and innovative team, with opportunities to showcase your ability, motivates you, then we believe we can offer you great career progression. An attractive benefits package is offered.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Structural Engineer of our Design & Project Management team, you will be responsible for excellence in the execution of our outdoor and recreation projects. The primary objective of the Junior Structural Engineer is to provide outstanding service to clients while ensuring the successful delivery of our high-profile projects.
- Assisting our Design & Project Management team with delivery of outdoor and recreation projects – from site assessment and design through to construction observation.
- Proposal preparation, workload management and job delivery.
- Demonstrate initiative and provide practical advice to identify solutions to job-specific challenges.
- A team player keen to advance his/her skills and truly be an asset to the Stellar Projects brand.
- Experience in a consulting engineering firm, involved in structural and geotechnical engineering, preferably with some construction industry experience.
- Experience in timber, steel and concrete design as well as other general civil works would be a clear advantage.
- CAD experience would be appreciated but is not essential.
- Ability to work alongside high-profile clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline (Civil or Structural Engineering) to Washington Accord.
- Recognised qualifications such as Site Safe would be an advantage.
- Ability to quickly and effectively establish a trusted relationship with colleagues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complex ideas in a simply understood manner.
- Strong attention to detail, able to focus on critical elements and, at the same time, remain mindful of the big picture.
- A highly motivated and autonomous individual who values being part of a talented team with diverse skills and experience.
- Passion for the outdoors and achieving sustainable outcomes.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (outlining the reason for your interest in this position and indicating the match of your skills and experience to our job requirements) to Maria Ridon (firstname.lastname@example.org, 027 444 3315).