ASSISTANT MANAGER - JOINERY FACTORY 2 I/C
Tauriko, Tauranga, New Zealand
Our client has an exciting opportunity available for a 2nd in Charge / Assistant Manager for their Tauranga joinery factory, based in Tauriko, The Lakes. You will be working for a well-renowned business that encourages generation of ideas and implementation of initiatives to improve performance of the factory and procurement functions.
We are looking for someone with a stable work history, previous leadership experience and a strong background using Microvellum AutoCAD and Cabinet VisionJoinery (or similar software).
Directing tasks to ensure that all works are completed on time, in budget and to the highest standards, the 2IC position is fundamental in assisting the Factory Manager with increasing productivity, quality control, and ensuring smooth operations.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Carpentry / Joinery / Cabinet Making practitioner with demonstrable technical and practical skills; experience in managing or leading teams in a joinery environment; an NZQA3 in joinery / wood working (or equivalent combination of education and/or training).
- CAD detailing - gathering specifications, interpreting technical drawings, producing shop drawings.
- Ensuring Health & Safety practices, manufacturing procedures and quality assurance standards are met and best practice is adhered to at all times.
- Scheduling workload and employee’s hours.
- Coaching and supervising a team of Joiners and Detailers.
- Best-cost procurement, ordering and stock control.
- Client and designer liaison.
- Completing documentation.
- Monitoring/reporting to stakeholders on quality, output, progress and performance.
- If you are a match for this position please APPLY ONLINE now, to our recruitment business partner Kirsty Morrison @ One21 Recruitment