Trade Me is one of New Zealand's busiest web platforms, with around two million active members and 850,000 people visiting the site every day.
We're currently on the hunt for an iOS developer to join our Marketplace team in Wellington, who is smart, adaptable and thrives in teams. We care less about the specific technologies that you already know - it's your aptitude, passion, and potential that we love and want to see shine through.
In the role you'll be:
* Working on the Trade Me iOS app in a rapid-fire, fully Agile squad, alongside other developers, designers, testers and business analysts.
* Helping to define and refine our mobile features.
* Getting your hands dirty with coding and championing all things iOS.
* Getting stuck into the official API wrappers, code reviews and helping to punt up ideas for new products. We run frequent research and development events which will enable to you to experiment with new platforms and tools.
* Doing basically anything and everything iOS related, working with passionate folk doing the same.
Who are you?
* You've got 5+ years' experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented, API/mobile-based development environment and understand what's required to get the job done.
* Ideally you will have experience with Agile software development methodologies.
* You want to ship code all the time and you get nervous if your code is sitting in a development branch for too long. You're happiest when your work is out in the wild.
* You love all things iOS and you're busting to be part of a team with a focus on the needs of the end-user.
* You're brimming with passion, bright ideas and a plan to bring them to life!
What we have to offer:
* These are exciting new positions that will offer you the opportunity to really make an impact while carving out your own space.
* A focus on mentoring. We take our practices seriously and will encourage you to be part of a guild where you will grow and learn.
* A comprehensive list of training programmes to support your personal development.
* Free fruit and as much great coffee as you want.
Trade Me is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our 'informal but serious' work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
We are also proud to have been recognised as a finalist in IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Award for the last seven years running.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.