- Are you passionate about working with entrepreneurs and investors?
- Do you get excited about using your finance, strategy and business development skills to grow early-stage companies?
- Do you enjoy new cultures and global opportunities?
- Are you curious to learn more about New Zealand, using this knowledge to develop investment propositions to grow the New Zealand economy?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to have fun at work while growing your investor networks?
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise is the country's international business development agency. We partner with some of New Zealand's most exciting companies to boost their global reach and we are now looking for a credible and experienced Investment Manager to join our Investment team based in our Santa Monica office.
Your primary focus will be on working with early stage New Zealand companies to assist them secure investment from the US. You will also build business cases that support North American multinational corporations that have an interest in investing in New Zealand through greenfield, M&A or venture funding deals. This role is a facilitation role and does not involve directly concluding transactions.
Applicants should have a depth of knowledge about financial markets and the investment landscape, be able to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds and cultures, and have the networking skills to develop trusted advisor relationships. You'll need to be comfortable engaging with, and advising, entrepreneurs and C-level executives.
If you can demonstrate the following skills and experience, we would love to hear from you:
- Advanced strategic relationship management and networking skills, with credibility to deal with C-level executives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to be a key influencer
- Ability to work independently and within culturally diverse teams; and across geographies
- Strong business acumen and experience in the business and investment environment in the US as well as an understanding of international trends in investment promotion and attracting Foreign Direct Investment
- A relevant degree combined with 4-8 years' practical finance/investment, consulting or strategy experience; an MBA and M&A experience is advantageous.
You'll be joining a passionate and professional global 'One Team' working to grow the New Zealand economy. We work hard, we have fun, and we believe in enjoying life. To find out more, check out our video from some of our people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztzx1S1ACp4
Benefits include: medical, short-term disability insurance, paid holidays and 3 weeks of vacation.
Please note you must have the legal right to live and work in the United States to apply.