Jasmine Social Investments is a foundation established by Sam Morgan and his family following the sale of Trade Me to Fairfax in 2006. Our mission is to identify high performing social ventures led by stellar individuals and take them to the next level by providing assistance, capital, and access to skills and networks. We also try to play a useful role in philanthropy by sharing our work with similarly minded funders around the world.
We strive to deeply understand organisations - their management and board, financials, metrics, plans and impact. We look for organisations who can articulate a clear vision and their vision for impact at scale. We provide results-oriented funding (mostly grants, sometimes equity or debt) and we advocate strongly for those we fund within our wider network of funders and talent.
You will lead a subset of funding relationships, look for new investment opportunities and work with social entrepreneurs and philanthropists. This is a rare opportunity to work in global philanthropy and have a hand in shaping the future of Jasmine Social Investments.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Source and evaluate funding opportunities (grants/debt/equity).
· Make recommendations with regard to funding decisions.
· Conduct financial analyses and other research to support the portfolio review process.
· Write grant making reports that are shared internally and externally.
· Continually assess the social impact, scalability, and capacity of investees to deliver results.
· Build and sustain high-value relationships with Jasmine investees.
· Connect organisations in the portfolio to each other and to other useful actors.
· Develop relationships with other donors, thought partners and sector leaders.
· Represent the Foundation externally as required.
To be successful in this mid-level position, you will bring a strong foundation of analytical skills, a history of problem solving and the commitment to creating social change through others. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of relevant experience, a compelling and concise writing style and some international exposure. MBA or advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred. Big pluses include work in venture philanthropy, impact investing and/or a social enterprise.
We are a small team with a big agenda and the energy of a start-up. We don't waste time, keep formal meetings to a minimum, and often collaborate with people in different time zones. You must thrive in a high-performing environment, be an avid technology user, and be able to work independently. Above all, you must be enthused about working with outstanding social ventures who are solving a basic need of the very poor.
Please send a CV and a paragraph (just one please!) as to why this job is a good fit for you to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until 1 November 2019. Candidates for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.