Volunteer Service Abroad covers costs while you are on assignment, including travel, accommodation, living allowance and more.
Use your financial planning experience to support economic growth in Vanuatu.
The Malampa Provincial Government Council (MPGC) aims to promote economic growth, by putting in place a plan to help attract both local and foreign investors to Lakatoro and the wider Malampa Province. The MPGC is developing a corporate plan (this is an overall plan for the province) for the next 5 years which will guide the development of policies for different sectors.
As Investment Adviser you will work alongside MPGC staff on the development of the Provincial Investment Policy (derived from the corporate plan) including an implementation plan and bylaws that will translate into a framework for guiding investors, allowing the MPGC to directly and efficiently manage investment in the province.
This hands-on assignment offers a rewarding opportunity to contribute to the strengthening of the investment sector in Vanuatu.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
- Strong experience working in planning or investment, ideally in a government context
- Strong knowledge and understanding of investment business and financial planning concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of how bylaws are established and implemented
- Experience reviewing, drafting and facilitating the implementation of policies
- Clear and well-articulated written and verbal communication skills