Our business is rapidly growing across traditional bricks and mortar channels alongside e-commerce and new channels internationally. Based in Tokyo, this exciting new role, is to help fast track our entry and growth across the Japanese market. High level account management and strategic insights will also be required for our South Korean and Singaporean brand presence.
The role requires a high level of professional sales experience, business development and customer insights. We are seeking a dynamic individual who can assess, approach and execute opportunities as they arise.
This role will work closely alongside our CX & Markets Strategist to develop, refine and implement the market growth strategies and customer experience initiatives. Close liaison with others in the international sales team will be part of month to month initiatives. The role would involve reporting into the Company director for regular insights and recommendations on how to drive growth through the markets.
You will need to be both a strategic thinker and have the ability to focus on detail at a store level.
As we have just entered the Japan market place, this role would ensure success in our retail channel, along with rapid expansion into our retail channels who have strong interest in the brand. Deep and trusting relationship building with buyers, key influencers, PR company market advisors and NZTE are critical to success of the brand.
You would be fluent in Japanese & English language, both written and oral, with complete understanding of the cultural needs of both.
Antipodes maintains a high level of brand style, execution and methods for deliverables in market, therefore a high level of energy and grooming with a strong interest in health, beauty or fashion are key requirements. The International Sales Executive will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure all are operating to the marketing strategy, and work within the international team to execute turn-key go-to market initiatives.
The role will also identify new leads, buyers and channel opportunities with North Asia. This will involve seeking out contacts for opening doors and calling on and presenting the brand at a high level. Once initial contact and brand introductions are established, the lead will be nurtured and developed into a sale.
Being able to understand and navigate barriers to a sale are key to this role. A strong professional sales approach is required, with good listening skills and the ability to place consistent subtle pressure on leads to result in a deal closure.
The role requires a strong digital and e-commerce capabilities, a good working knowledge of Excel, project software, CRMs and other apps relevant to sales in the modern environment. Phone calls to fit with International time zones are the norm. Networking at associated events are required.
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but are not limited to);
- Working closely with our distributor, e-commerce and retail partners to successfully onboard and sell-through existing and new channels in the market.
- Development of strategy with our CX & Markets strategist for further sales growth across existing and new channels.
- Leadership of emerging brand ambassador teams to ensure they are trained, supported and achieving their KPIs whilst maximizing Antipodes presence at a store level.
- Day-to-day channel management.
- Sales analysis, ability to reset any low performing skus, ability to set clear plan for growth
- Securing opportunities to grow sales across all channels – range extension, line extension, lipstick ranging, etc.
- Meeting sales and performance targets.
- Building relationships with beauty buyers across key existing and future channel partners.
- Working alongside Antipodes’ international team to develop and implement the APAC market plan
- Help develop new initiatives to help grow the market, particularly in the digital space.
- Tertiary qualification with a minimum of 10 years' experience in sales, with international sales and trade sales experience being highly desirable.
- Strategic planner with a strong understanding of beauty brand positioning, particularly in the premium natural space.
- Must have a proven track record of FMCG sales experience preferably in beauty and/or health sectors with knowledge of the Asian market. Including retaining clients, growing a client base, and leveraging new clients through existing client networks.
- An experienced sales person who is able to work independently with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Leadership skills desirable.
- Confident in and proven experience with budgeting and P&L analysis
- Established relationships with buyers in key APAC Health & beauty channels (both bricks & mortar and online).
- Customer centric thinker, able to empathise with and advocate for the customer within Antipodes.
- Well groomed, polished presenter with the ability to pitch and present to distributors and retail buyers.
- In-depth knowledge of planograms, ROI and utilisation of shelf space in the retail setting
- Experienced in analyzing markets and opportunities. Executing on the opportunities via recommended investments in market, tracking sales and driving KPIs, understanding full ROI.
- Flexibility and prepared to travel on a regular basis. Goes above and beyond the normal 9-5 work day.
- Ability to adapt and integrate mobile social media tools into today’s selling environment.
- Confidence with project software and CRM software. Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and digital apps
- Fluent in Japanese and English (Oral and written communication).