Award winning consultancy in Tauranga are expanding to the Waikato region. They're seeking a talented & ambitious Civil Engineer to join their team
- Summer by the Beach! Based in Mt Maunganui for summer before moving to new branch in Hamilton when it opens in the first quarter of 2020
- Exciting and renowned projects
- Career progression on offer
Our client, a successful Mount Maunganui based consultancy are growing! Having been in business in Tauranga for the past 25 years, they’re now expanding to the Waikato region and opening up a branch in Hamilton in 2020.
This means, they’re now on the lookout for an Intermediate Civil Design Engineer to be based at their new Hamilton branch. Initially, you’ll spend the first 3 months at their Mt Maunganui Head Office, getting yourself ingrained with their fun, dynamic culture, whilst learning the ropes around how they do business. From there, you'll head across to Hamilton, which is where you’ll then be based permanently with a couple of other team mates.
As their Civil Design Engineer, the role will include the following:
- Civil engineering and Land Development design, including earthworks, stormwater, wastewater, water, roading.
- Preparation of, consent documentation, engineering approval documentation, as-built information, schedules of quantities, contractual documentation, etc.;
- To provide field work support to the surveying department during periods of heavy workloads (including the processing, downloading, and preparation of survey data), and to undertake survey fieldwork to assist with engineering construction supervision;
- Development of, and adherence to, company CAD and 12D standards;
- Keep accurate records of time and costs. Complete time sheets;
- Be aware at all times of client expectations and professional standards. Record and report client’s discussions in writing, confirming the instructions with the client and job manager where necessary.
- Contract management and construction monitoring with training and supervision from an Engineering Design Lead.
- Promote health and safety within the company, including records keeping as required by the company’s health and safety policy
The right candidate will….
- First and foremost, fit into their company culture and be keen to take part in the healthy body and mind culture! You’ll have a love for the great outdoors – field work and multisport
- Have 3-5 years post grad experience (Degree or Diploma)
- Have 12D experience
- Have amazing written and oral English communication skills
- Be motivated and confident building professional relationships
- Have a can do, will do attitude – you’ll be enthusiastic and a modern thinker
- You must be able to have a good laugh
What are you waiting for? This is an exciting, unique opportunity to secure a role with this fabulous company, which will allow you to take your career to the next step. You’ll be offered a competitive salary, plenty of opportunity to grow and develop, along with a supportive team who will have your back.
If you are flexible to work in Mt Maunganui for the first few months, before you base yourself permanently in Hamilton, and you fit the brief above, we’d love to hear from you! Send your CV to me today!