Job Description: Interior Designer (based in Shanghai)
hcreates is an interior design and consulting studio based in Shanghai, designing projects across China and increasingly across Asia. hcreates works with like-minded clients to achieve spaces that are designed to enhance one's environment, and leave people feeling stimulated and inspired. Well known in Shanghai for creating contemporary restaurant and bars, hcreates continues to develop a significant portfolio of office and health and wellness spaces too.
With heaps of great projects completed and residing in a city that never sleeps, there are endless design opportunities.
About youThis position is filled with opportunities to work on exciting restaurant and bar projects, creative offices spaces and gyms and wellness centres. Examples of previous works can be found on www.hcreates.design. We foster a culture of collaboration; this Revit guru will work hand-in-hand with our design team to bring ideas to life. With an eye for detail and strong technical abilities, you will enjoy helping to solve problems to produce great work.
Duties will include:
· Development of interior schemes for workplace and hospitality environments
· Creating concept presentations with tight deadlines.
· Documentation and detailing using Revit Autodesk
· Fixtures and fittings & equipment specifications and finishes schedules
· Producing drawing packages to include layouts, technical drawings and tender packages
· Selecting furniture, lighting, finishes and designing/detailing bespoke items
· Management of interior projects on-site
· Communicating with consultants and vendors throughout the design and construction phases.
· Degree in Interior Design/Architecture
· Candidate must have a minimum of two years' design experience across workplace and the hospitality sectors
· Proficient use of Revit Autodesk and Adobe Creative Suite
· Familiar with Sketch-up, AutoCAD
· Site experience and good technical knowledge
· Experience in all aspects of the design process from conceptual presentations and design, documentation, on-site and completion
· Ability to organise projects, deadlines and team members responsibilities administratively and work independently as required
· Ability to work on multiple projects at once within a small team
· Knowledge of other disciplines that relate to interiors such as, budget, planning, building regulations, mechanical & electrical and structural knowledge
· Knowledge and passion for current interior design trends, lighting, materials, finishes and furniture
· Confident communicating with contractors and project managers
· Excellent communication skills with a fluent and high standard of both written and spoken English, Chinese language ability is a huge advantage
· Ability to think on your feet and be solution orientated
· Self-motivated and an excellent team player who can work quickly and efficiently with other members of the team
· Keen eye for detail and a strong work ethic
· Have initiative and motivation to succeed
· Ability to work with different cultures and people of difference backgrounds