- Provide information and advice about Commercial Insurance products and services especially across Speciality risks and Financial Lines
- Actively seek out new clients, focusing on building and retaining Client insurance portfolios
- Manage an existing portfolio of accounts
- Generate revenue by matching client requirements to insurer terms
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying, meeting with and acquiring new clients to understand their business and to advise about and recommend appropriate solutions including insurance products.
- Undertake a review of all clients annually, to ensure the client has the appropriate cover in place and products and services for their needs.
- Remarket clients portfolios or selected insurance covers at renewal
- Delegate administrative and processing work to support staff, when applicable.
- Negotiate best rates with insurers and prepare documentation to present to clients
- Attend social and networking events and promotions to represent the company and to enhance its reputation among existing clients and prospective new clients.
- Adhere to all compliance procedures
- Acquiring and maintaining a thorough knowledge of all products and services of the Company to enable effective sales and cross-sales.
- Maintain high-level market knowledge of key business, financial, and economic issues to align pitches for New and Renewal Business.
- Team collaboration.
- Transfer skills and mentor junior members of the team including support staff.
- 7+years insurance brokering experience especially in Commercial Lines with speciality risks, Specialist Underwriting experience will be considered.
- Understanding of the NZ Insurance market and policies, and legislation.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain quality relationships especially Corporate Accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong Service ethic.
- Understanding of Sales techniques.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Computer skills and literacy to produce high quality written documentation.
Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring other members of the team.