Since 1999 Trade Me has been the number one place to buy and sell online. Today, Trade Me Marketplace remains one of New Zealand's busiest websites, with millions of items sold every year.
We're now on the lookout for a talented Insights Analyst to join the Marketplace team in Christchurch. We need a passionate individual with commercial acumen who is likely to be working in a business intelligence, analytics, data or marketing insights role. You’ll be proficient in extracting meaningful information from complex data environments, making sense of it, and communicating your findings to business stakeholders. You'll love making genuine positive impacts in your daily work.
Not only do you enjoy digging into data, you're also passionate about helping other people interpret it too.
In this role you'll be:
* Working with folk in the Marketplace team and the wider Trade Me business to provide meaningful and relevant insights which drive the business forward.
* A trusted advisor, helping your colleagues make data and insights-based decisions to achieve their business goals.
* Using your exceptional SQL expertise to extract, analyse and package insightful data from the enormous amount of information we have available.
* Developing high-quality reporting and presenting your findings to a variety of audiences.
* Getting involved in creating and maintaining documentation of analysis and insights generated, so that they can be re-used in the future.
* Working closely with other Insights Analysts and the functional leaders within Marketplace to proactively solve problems and identify opportunities.
You will have:
* At least 2 years' relevant experience in an insights or data role, most likely within an analytics or business intelligence (BI) team.
* A natural ability to think outside the square and really add value to the business through your reporting.
* Strong technical skills, particularly knowledge of SQL, Excel, MS Power BI and MS Report Builder/Reporting Services would be desirable but not essential.
* Extraordinary communication skills - this is a hands-on role and you need to be confident in articulating your ideas to others.
* The ability to understand and identify when and where help is needed and pitch in as required.
* A passion for telling great stories through data by bringing facts and figures to life.
What we have to offer:
* This is an exciting position that will offer you the opportunity to really make an impact while carving out your own space.
* You will work with a bunch of passionate, positive people who are all striving to make things better!
* Free fruit and as much good coffee you can possibly stomach in a work day.
Trade Me is a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work. We're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. We operate a dynamic and unique office culture, intended to reflect and empower our values and our 'informal but serious' work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
We are also proud to have been recognised as a finalist in IBM Kenexa Best Workplaces Award for the last seven years running.