With so much more data research to do to make the Trade Me experience even more amazing for our customers, we are looking for a talented Insights Analyst to join the Advertising, Marketplace & Payments (AMP team) in Christchurch. We need a passionate individual with commercial acumen who has a keen interest in working in business intelligence, analytics, data or marketing insights.
First up, here is why you will love life at Trade Me:
- We truly value our people and want you to succeed here, so we offer flexible working, bonuses, access to wellness programmes and a bunch of other good stuff.
- Our culture of casual excellence means endless progression and professional development opportunities, all while wearing jandals and a t-shirt.
- We're a diverse bunch who get a kick out of achieving things together. We do great work and have lots of fun doing it.
Each day brings fresh challenges, but here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Work with other Insight Analysts in the AMP commercial team to provide support and relevant insights which will drive the business forward.
- Analyse and package insightful data from the enormous amount of information we have available.
- Develop high-quality reporting and present your findings to a variety of audiences.
- Get involved in creating and maintaining documentation of analysis and insights generated, so that they can be reused in the future.
- Work closely with other Insight Analysts and the functional leaders across multiple business units to proactively solve problems and identify opportunities.
So far so good? What we're looking for from you is:
- At least 3 years' relevant experience in an insights or data role, most likely within an analytics or business intelligence (BI) team.
- A natural ability to think outside the square and really add value to the business through your reporting, with a strong skill set in business partnering.
- Experience with Google products (such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, G360 and Big Query), marketing and pricing based analytics skills are desirable.
- Strong technical skills, particularly in SQL and web analytics. Knowledge in R, Python or Microsoft Power BI would be desirable, but not essential.
- Extraordinary communication and influencing skills and strong business acumen.
Trade Me is New Zealand's most influential ecommerce platform and as quintessentially Kiwi as you can get. We are a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work, and we're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment. Check out what it's like to work at Trade Me in our video on our Careers page, and if this is the job for you, apply now!