Natural Born Innovator
A natural problem solver and explorer of possibilities you will have a thirst for knowledge and breakthrough developments that can drive change that could impact our planet and our species through identifying new natural preforming materials and solutions. Are you looking to add more purpose to your explorations?
If the answer is yes then this could be the move you’ve been looking for; the move to natural.
The apparel industry needs a shake-up. At icebreaker, we’ve always believed in the pursuit of better, inspired by nature to create sustainable natural performing apparel solutions. Sustainability isn’t just a campaign, it’s a feature of our business. As the first purpose-led acquisition of VF Corporation we have never been better placed to drive a global movement for nature, and for the betterment of our species and the planet.
As Innovation Manager located in our global head office in Auckland, New Zealand, you’ll relish the opportunity to drive change through the development of a ground-breaking natural materials pipeline and roadmap, working with a team who are committed to transparency and sustainability, without sacrificing on performance, innovation, quality or design .
Naturally progressive in your thinking, you will collaborate with designers, brand teams, retail partners, engineers and scientists as well as working with the Global Innovation Centre to devise and develop customer driven concepts with innovative products, providing dynamic ideas to inspire and affect change across peers and teams.
We’re a non-stuffy, non-bureaucratic group of humans who have the ability to flip from the end-state planning to the here and now of agile opportunities but all with the customer in mind.
Naturally curious, you’ll have a wealth of insights to share across the business, paired with a drive to ensure commercial and strategic goals are met. Your strong collaborative spirit will motivate those around you, helping to create compelling natural performing product concepts and experiences that educate, enable and empower our customers to move to natural for all their natural performance apparel needs.
The main focus of this role will be to identify and develop an innovative natural materials pipeline and roadmap including commercialization and end-to-end delivery to enhance icebreaker’s product lines and strategic ambition. You will report to the Global Head of Design.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive experience in Apparel, Textiles, Materials Manufacturing, Design (Apparel) or related field.
- Strong textile apparel materials experience with familiarity and understanding of all phases of product creation and execution including textile lab work
- Knowledge of textile chemistry, physical materials testing, product testing, design, product engineering and sourcing a plus
- Strong understanding of apparel merchandising and materials management
- Experience developing strategic roadmaps aligned to execution
- Experienced in managing multiple stakeholders
- Working knowledge of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) or other material and product management tools
- Strong global communication skills (fluent foreign languages a benefit)
- Ability to use critical thinking in solving problems; ability to use inductive and deductive reasoning
- Project, process and personnel management skills. Ability to coach and motivate team
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter.