The nature of work is evolving rapidly due to changes in technology, the environment, society, and human behaviour. Businesses and governments are being disrupted in this digital age requiring different capabilities to deliver on their purpose to their customers and citizens. There is an immediate need to become more innovative, agile, responsive and adaptable to change.
That's where EY comes in.
Be part of our leading Advisory practice joining a global network of professionals revolutionising the future of work, bringing the best of NZ to the world and supporting governments to improve New Zealanders’ wellbeing through insight. We are passionate about making a difference and in building a better working world to make a positive impact on everyday kiwis.
Our team is based in the vibrant capital city of New Zealand, Wellington which is regularly rated as one of the best places to live and work in the world. Aside from its well-deserved reputation as the home of some of the best coffee and craft beer in Asia, Wellington is the digital creative hub of New Zealand, incubating some of the most innovative start-ups and tech disruptors. The city has a dynamic and renowned dining scene, an active and easily accessible outdoor lifestyle (with the city located between water and hills and surrounded by beautiful natural parks), and easy access to all other parts of New Zealand given its central geographical location.
Working as a seasoned data analytics professional you will be responsible for advising government agencies on the best way to store, manage and retain information to view it as an asset and strategic initiative. You will be working with our clients to help make the connection between data and real-world tangible impact and insight. You will act as a thought leader in the selection of techniques used for data modelling, as well as establishing operating practices to ensure high quality and efficient extraction and transformation of data, and you will help our clients achieve transformational change by designing, developing and executing analytics work streams that serve as the catalyst to creating client impact.
- Are you someone who believes in making a difference?
- Do you thrive on being part of a diverse team focussed on solving challenging problems to build a better working world?
- Does the potential from technology, data and analytics excite you?
- Are you passionate about helping our Government deliver better outcomes for our citizens?
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Prior exposure in a technology/ IT strategy related role combined with expertise in areas such as digital strategy/ transformation, IT infrastructure & architecture, IoT, AI/machine learning, robotics, cloud, big data and analytics
- The ability to translate technical outcomes of advanced analytics to tangible business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in explaining complex data structures in easily digestible points for a diverse range of stakeholders across all levels
- Ability to work with large data sets and assimilate, manage and translate technical information into meaningful insights
- Demonstrable knowledge in Big Data / Machine Learning / Data Science
- Effectively communicate at the executive level, ask the right questions to understand the data problem and advise of the right data solution
You will also have:
- A consulting mind-set that is comfortable navigating through periods of ambiguity and change
- Experience and relationships within the Government and public sector
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to join a great firm and team in vibrant Wellington, working with and learning from Partners and staff with truly international experience and outlook
- Flexible working arrangements, subsidised onsite gym and banking and insurance discounts
- Help solve some of the most pressing challenges facing our government and leading organisations in New Zealand and around the world
- Join a leading Asia Pacific (and Global) Advisory practice with the opportunity to travel domestically and internationally
- Be part of a firm who has been ranked as the #1 professional services employer in Universum’s ‘Most Attractive Employer’s annual ranking for the third consecutive year
Who we are:
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Maori and Pasifika network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Join us in building a better working world - apply now!