· Flexible Location – Remunerated Position
· Long Term Strategic and Commercial Focus
· Wagering, Broadcasting, or Digital Media Skillsets Preferred
Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) is the administrative body for Harness Racing in New Zealand. HRNZ’s functions are many and include:
· the registration of horses and licence holders within the industry
· distribution of all stakes to owners, trainers and drivers
· an IT team which supports a unique harness industry computer system and associated bespoke software programmes
· a marketing team who operate the promotional programme and assist the Clubs with theirs
· a handicapping department who as the name suggests, handicap or grade horses
· an Education team who undertake the training of young people employed in the industry and operate a number of education programmes aimed at encouraging young people to become active participants in the industry.
Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) have recently updated their constitution with a view to further enhancing the strategic and commercial governance of the organisation. The Board previously consisted of 11 industry elected Directors, whereas the new Board will consist of 6 industry elected Directors and two externally appointed Independent Directors.
For the two Independent Director positions, we seek interest from individuals who possess a well-developed level of business/commercial acumen ideally accompanied by previous knowledge and experience of working at a governance level. A specialist background/skillset and experience from within one of the areas of wagering, broadcasting and digital/social media would be strongly preferred. The ability to work with an extensive range of stakeholders and consider a wide range of issues including health & safety, animal welfare, new technology and the changing nature of broadcasting is essential. An affinity/interest or understanding of competitive sports and hospitality would also be beneficial.
The new directors will contribute diversity of thought to ensure successful and sustainable long-term business performance.
Directors of HRNZ are generally appointed for a two-year term. The Board convenes on average 10-12 times per annum generally for 4-5 hours per meeting. Directors are able to attend some meetings via video conference if they are unable to attend them all in person.
These are remunerated positions.
To apply in strict confidence now, click ‘Apply for this job’ or email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 758378kea. Applications close on 6th October 2019. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To discuss these opportunities in more detail, please phone Nick Gee on +64 3 353 4354.