4 x Full time permanent 3 x Fixed Term to December 2017
The Visa Section is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. The Ministry ensures that New Zealand has the right mix of skilled workers as part of achieving the goal of helping lift productivity.
With over 3,300 people worldwide, we identify the country’s labour force and skill needs, manage the immigration process and provide support and policy advice for the government’s employment, skills and immigration initiatives.
We are looking for Immigration Officers who operate with the highest level of integrity. You will have energy and determination to achieve results and have a broad educational background with successful tertiary study.
You need to have the following to apply for this position:
• A degree level qualification preferably where English was a major component
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
• At least three years of work experience in an international organisation where English was the main form of communication
• Experience in delivering excellent customer service and working within a team
• Ability to interpret legislation and procedures and frame clear assessments and conclusions
• Experience in working with all people of differing cultural backgrounds, gender and abilities
• The ability to manage fluctuating workloads and work to tight deadlines
• Experience in assessing and analysing documentary evidence, including exercising sound judgement
All applicants must have the ability to gain permission to work in China (you must be a Chinese citizen or a New Zealand citizen)
These are locally engaged positions in the INZ Shanghai Area Office. The Immigration Officer (Band 2) remuneration range starts at 125940 RMB per annum. Note: Any relocation and/or accommodation costs will be at the successful candidate’s own expense.
Applications close 5:00pm (Shanghai time), Friday 20th January 2017.
All applications must be in English and must include your CV and a cover letter of no more than 250 words which describe how your skills and experience relate to the key capabilities of the position. Please also complete and submit the MBIE application for employment form.
Applications for this position must be made online through the MBIE careers website;
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Conny Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org