- Make a difference with Immigration New Zealand
- Full time Permanent and 12 month Fixed-term positions available
- Shanghai based
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Why work for us?
Visa Services is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. The Ministry ensures that New Zealand has the right mix of skilled workers as part of achieving the goal of helping to lift productivity
With over 3,300 people worldwide, we identify the country’s labour force and skill needs, manage the immigration process and provide support and policy advice for the government’s employment, skills and immigration initiatives.
About the role:
The Immigration Officer role involves providing quality decisions quickly and quality customer service in relation to a demanding and fast-paced market of people applying for visas to New Zealand.
We are looking for Immigration Officers who operate with the highest level of integrity. You will have energy and determination to achieve results and have a broad educational background with successful tertiary study.
Skills and experience required:
- A degree level qualification preferably where English was a major component
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
- At least three years of work experience in an international organisation where English was the main form of communication
- Experience in excellent customer service and working within a team
- Ability to interpret legislation and procedures and frame clear assessments and conclusions
- Experience in working with all people of differing cultural backgrounds, gender and abilities
- The ability to manage fluctuating workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in assessing and analysing documentary evidence, including exercising sound judgement
All applicants must have the ability to gain permission to work in China (you must be a Chinese citizen or a New Zealand citizen)
The starting remuneration range starts from 125,940 RMB per annum depending on experience. Note: Any relocation and/or accommodation costs will be at the successful candidate’s own expense.
How to apply:
All applications must be in English and must include your CV and a cover letter of no more than 250 words which describes how your skills and experience relate to the key capabilities of the position. Please also complete and submit the online MBIE application for employment form. Click here.
Applications close at 5pm (Shanghai time) on Wednesday 14th September 2016.