- Locally Engaged
- Lively colleagues, interesting and challenging work
- Experience all that London and Europe have to offer
- Fixed Term through to December 2018
Immigration NZ London is looking for enthusiastic people to join our dynamic London branch team. The London Area Office is a large offshore office set in New Zealand House, right by Trafalgar Square. London is the coolest city in Europe and the whole continent would be at your doorstep ready to be explored.
We provide visa services to a range of clients across the United Kingdom, Ireland and Europe.
The Immigration Officer role involves providing quality decisions quickly and quality customer service in relation to a demanding and fast-paced market of people applying for visas to New Zealand.
To be successful, you will have demonstrated your ability and experience in:
- Making quality decisions that manage immigration risk and contribute to positive immigration outcomes for New Zealand
- Using judgement to assess and decide visa applications through the effective administration of immigration policy and procedures, and in accordance with immigration law
- Achieving targets within set timeframes, and managing workflows without direct supervision.
- Utilising logical problem solving techniques and clearly communicating outcomes both verbally and in writing.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to utilise written and verbal communication methods to convey ideas, recommendations, and or conclusions.
- A strong focus on customer satisfaction, with ability to interact effectively with diverse customers and team members.
- Having drive and determination to meet and exceed timeliness, quality, and customer service objectives.
Previous experience in the role of Immigration Officer is preferable, but not essential.
The work can be fast paced and demanding, but rewarding for those who want to make a difference and are looking for a challenge. Please see the attached Job Description for more information.
Applications close 5pm NZ time, Wednesday 11th October 2017.
Applicants must have, or be able to obtain, the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom. The successful candidate will be expected to make their own arrangements for relocation.
The successful candidate will be hired as a locally engaged staff member under the employment laws of the United Kingdom. Salary starts from £29005.
All applications must be applied for online, emailed CVs will not be considered. Please attach:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter of no more than 250 words explaining how your skills and experience will relate well to the role
Please note: we will appoint successful candidates, and place any other preferred candidates into a talent pool for six months and can appoint from this if a vacancy arises.
If you have any queries please contact Stephanie Greathead at INZ London – Stephanie.Greathead@mbie.govt.nz