- Genuine career opportunities
- Permanent Beijing based roles – Locally engaged
- Make a difference with Immigration New Zealand
Do you want to become a part of Immigration New Zealand's fastest growing market? Immigration New Zealand (INZ) Beijing Area Office is seeking expressions of interest for the role of Immigration Officers, who have excellent oral and written communication skills and a ‘can do' attitude. We are looking for employees who will operate with the highest level of integrity, have energy and determination to achieve results and have a broad educational background with some tertiary study.
Visa Services within Immigration NZ is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
About the role:
The Immigration Officer role involves providing quality decisions quickly and quality customer service in relation to a demanding and fast-paced market of people applying for visas to New Zealand
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in:
- the ability to manage fluctuating workloads and work to tight deadlines
- excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
- experience in excellent customer service and working within a team
- ability to interpret legislation, procedural and immigration instruction guidelines, and frame clear assessments and conclusions
- experience in working with all people of differing cultural backgrounds, gender and abilities
- a good understanding of the principles of fairness and natural justice
- experience in assessing and analysing documentary evidence, including exercising sound judgement
All applicants must have the ability to obtain a visa to work in China (you must be a Chinese citizen or New Zealand citizen)
The remuneration range starts from RMB 135,605 per annum. Note: any relocation and/or accommodation costs will be at the successful candidate's own expense.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5pm Sunday 15th October 2017