- Permanent Beijing based roles – Locally Engaged
- Genuine career opportunities
- Make a difference with Immigration New Zealand
Do you want to become a part of Immigration New Zealand's fastest growing market? Immigration New Zealand (INZ) Beijing Area Office is seeking expressions of interest for the role of Immigration Officers, who will operate with the highest level of integrity, have energy and determination to achieve results and have a broad educational background with some tertiary study.
Visa Services within Immigration NZ is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
About the role:
The Immigration Officer role involves providing quality decisions quickly and quality customer service in relation to a demanding and fast-paced market of people applying for visas to New Zealand. Due to the nature of our market, excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin are highly desirable. The successful candidate will be hired as a locally engaged staff member. You must be eligible to obtain a valid Chinese work visa; this means either being a New Zealand or Chinese citizen.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in:
- The ability to manage fluctuating workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
- Experience in excellent customer service and working within a team
- Ability to interpret legislation, procedural and immigration instruction guidelines, and frame clear assessments and conclusions
- Experience in working with all people of differing cultural backgrounds, gender and abilities
- A good understanding of the principles of fairness and natural justice
- Experience in assessing and analysing documentary evidence, including exercising sound judgement
The remuneration range starts from RMB 135,605.60 per annum. Note: any relocation and/or accommodation costs will be at the successful candidate's own expense.
Applications close 5pm (NZ time), Sunday 21 January 2018.