New Zealand’s most coastal vineyard, Yealands Estate Winery is nestled on the Seaview Peninsula in the Awatere Valley. Yealands Estate is just 10 years young and has quickly become a global leader in sustainable wine production. From installing the largest solar panel array on their winery roof, to bailing and burning vine prunings to heat water, their vision is to push boundaries, think innovatively and produce some of the most exceptional and sustainable wines around. Inspired to think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can’t be done, Yealands has achieved rapid international growth, exporting to over 80 countries worldwide. For further information on Yealands Estate Wines please visit: https://www.yealands.co.nz/
Marlborough based and reporting to a genuinely people focused CFO, the HR Manager will have overall accountability for defining and delivering a human resource and organisational development people strategy that will support the entire organisation enabling the senior leadership team and their teams to deliver strategic and day to day business outcomes.
- Support people leaders to implement practices and frameworks to ensure the strong HR and culture legacy continues to evolve
- Create and drive a performance driven culture that empowers and inspires outstanding service delivery and business growth
- Oversee effective recruitment, employee relations, engagement, performance management, remuneration structures and learning and development
- Represent, drive and further influence the values and entrepreneurial spirit that guide Yealands and foster a collaborative and cross functional approach
- Lead a small HR team, ensuring a continued focus on operational HR activities
Skills and Experience
To effectively lead the people function, you will be an energised self starter with a proven track record as a successful, commercially minded human resource professional. You will have an easy going, pragmatic style and able to authentically connect and build great relationships across all areas of a bustling vineyard operation. Vital to this role is the ability to think and act strategically and the desire to work operationally to support this. With ample opportunity to influence and shape, you will support the senior leadership team and their managers to foster the unique culture that exists and further build the capability within their teams. You will be well remunerated, with the opportunity to work in a wonderful team and exceptional environment. A relevant qualification and experience in a similar role are essential.
If you are a naturally resourceful problem solver and drawn to this opportunity to grow your career, please apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV and clicking the ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Sally Wynn-Williams on 03 345 8759 or Lisa Wheeler on 03 345 8757.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 3 June 2019