· Great opportunity to make this position your own
· Mentoring and professional development provided
· Southern Cross Medical Insurance included
We are recruiting for a new team member ... we are a high energy, motivated, and dedicated HR team working in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment. Are you looking for a change of scene? Literally - our site is in the middle of rolling hills in East Otago with stunning sun rises. Yes, we are at work early as our hours are different to your usual 9-5 corporate role, the work is also more stimulating and diverse than your average work place.
This role is guaranteed to challenge and stimulate your thinking and grow you as an HR professional.
Based at our Macraes Operation in East Otago you will be reporting to the HR Manager, working alongside three others in a generalist HR role with a business partner approach to deliver professional, proactive Human Resources advice and support.
The HR Advisor role is Monday to Friday, 7.00am to 4.30pm and offers a competitive remuneration package including Southern Cross membership for yourself and subsidised for your partner. A free travel service to site is offered from Dunedin and Oamaru (with stops along the way), and uniforms are provided.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
· Autonomy to manage all facets of HR
· Full lifecycle recruitment
· ER and IR
· Induction and onboarding
· Assisting and coaching our people leaders to achieve their objectives and strategic goals
· Project work.
To be successful in this role you will have:
· At least three years’ generalist experience in an HR Advisor role
· A sound understanding of NZ employment law
· Experience dealing with complex issues preferably within a unionised environment
· A proven understanding of HRIS
· Excellent attention to detail, communication, and prioritising skills
· An agile and flexible approach to your work
· A tertiary qualification in Human Resources is desirable.
You will be solutions focused with excellent facilitation and coaching skills, a team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment and have an intermediate working knowledge of MS Office.
A full, clean and current driving licence is essential, as is confidence driving a manual vehicle. You will need to be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.