This role is located in Christchurch in the South Island of NZ. Our preferred candidate will either live locally or relocate for this role.
Southfuels Limited was established in 2006 with the aim of enabling a wider option of bulk fuel delivery and distribution to the Primary Sector in New Zealand. In 2008, on the back of successful growth in the South Island, Southfuels launched its sub brand Northfuels in the North Island. The company is now a national bulk distributor of fuel to the Primary Sector and utilises a sustainable business model to provide simple end to end solutions for customers from Kaitaia to Bluff. Further information can be found at www.southfuels.co.nz
Due the incumbent moving overseas we are looking for an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager to provide tactical and operational leadership to Southfuels. A key focus of this role is to support our drivers, account managers and customers to ensure a safe working environment. Reporting to and working closely with the CEO and leadership team, the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Driving and leading health and safety with a focus on maintaining safe behaviours and supporting a safe and healthy proactive culture
- Managing HSE by maintaining systems and supporting behavioural safety leadership principles
- Regular face to face interaction with drivers, account managers and customers
- Working collaboratively to provide technical HSE support and advice to managers, team members and customers
- Ensuring emergency management plans are in place and organisational hazards and risks are identified and managed
- Managing the environmental system and the security of all company assets
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have a strong working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment legislation and practices. You will demonstrate knowledge and experience managing safety systems and supporting safe behaviour at all levels. Experience within the petroleum or a similar industry would be advantageous.
You will be highly adaptable and flexible with a passion for keeping people safe. You will be detail focused, analytical with a ‘hands on’ approach to problem solving and the ability to demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills at all levels. In addition, you need to enjoy working within a team environment with a down to earth and enthusiastic approach. Extensive weekly travel within New Zealand is a requirement and you need to have a customer centric mindset and approach to drive safe behaviours within our industry.
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your experience related to the role and why you are interested in the position by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries can be made to Lisa Wheeler 03 345 8757 or Sally Goldsmith 03 345 8761.