We are driven by making life better for Kiwis, and that includes our customers and colleagues around us. The UX Team at Trade Me are truly at the heart of this ambition through the services we offer.
A unique opportunity has come available to join us as our Head of User Experience. In this role you will be responsible for providing UX leadership and direction to improve the products we build. You'll help us develop a user-centred culture, follow good research practices, and provide important user insight.
First up, here's why you'll love life at Trade Me:
- We truly value our people and want you to succeed here, so we offer flexible working, bonuses, access to wellness programmes and a bunch of other good stuff.
- You'll gain big-brand experience in a business which has retained that 'start-up' feel, allowing you more freedom and opportunity to make a big impact on how we do things.
- We love learning and taking on challenges. We take risks, and we're not afraid to learn from failure.
- You'll lead a team of researchers who are smart, at the top of their UX game, and simply great people.
- Our research spans users buying a car, a house, an insurance policy, and a fridge, renting a place, and getting a job. The scope is expansive, and so is your ability to impact the lives of NZers.
Each day brings fresh challenges, but here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Oversee the numerous UX projects happening at any given time, from strategic ethnographic research to surveys and ad-hoc on-the-street testing. Support your researchers to do their best work.
- Set the long-term direction of UX at Trade Me which includes developing a vision and priorities within a two- to three-year horizon.
- Ensure research findings are well communicated, to build a user-centred culture and ensure changes are made as a result of findings.
- Be part of key strategic decisions, acting as the user advocate in high-impact decisions such as product direction and pricing strategy.
- Develop new capabilities and approaches in research and testing (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Lead and develop an awesome team of 5 that conducts user experience research.
So far so good? What we're looking for from you is:
- 10+ years' experience in user experience and research, ideally with some experience as a consultant.
- A large toolbox of experiences with different methods and techniques.
- The ability to be a systems thinker, with a natural ability to analyse complex data and identify patterns and insights.
- Strong leadership skills, with good experience managing teams, motivating people and dealing with the full gamut of HR scenarios.
- A strong understanding of the web and mobile, you get excited about where technology is heading.
Trade Me is New Zealand's most influential ecommerce platform and as quintessentially Kiwi as you can get. We are a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work, and we're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment.