Creating Great Together
For us, it's about more than just banking. We work together in a collaborative, energising environment to create innovative solutions that won't just help our customers be good with money, but also do great things with it.
BNZ's Strategic Sourcing team plays a critical role fulfilling the Bank's need for third party goods and services, championing supplier relationships, managing supply chain risk and compliance, delivering sustainable financial value and contributing to legendary customer experience.
About the Role
Reporting to GM Strategic Sourcing, this is a highly strategic role that is critical for extracting value from our key strategic suppliers and also driving value from enterprise-wide demand side initiatives. You will confidently deliver and inspire strategic direction in all areas of Strategic Sourcing at an enterprise level. This includes:
- Challenging the status quo and delivering successful demand-side initiatives that deliver optimal value
- Extracting value from key strategic supplier relationships, including overseeing key supplier relationship management with relevant business owners
- Overseeing the development of sourcing strategies throughout BNZ and aligning these with NAB (where reasonable)
- Leading the Strategic Sourcing Relationships team and influencing the rest of the business to deliver optimal value through strategic sourcing initiatives
- Driving team performance, development and engagement
As a senior strategic sourcing specialist, you'll have extensive experience in strategic relationship management, and the development of successful demand and supply-side initiatives at a large organisation. You'll have the proven ability to build highly functioning working relationships at senior levels within an organisation and you'll be able to confidently influence key stakeholders to drive value.
You'll also have experience leading successful material negotiations and have a strong understanding of the end to end procurement lifecycle in order to be able to further drive value from our key supplier arrangements. You'll also have strong knowledge of supplier management frameworks that can be successfully implemented enterprise-wide.
While experience in banking or financial services would be an advantage, it will be your proven experience in delivering successful enterprise-wide strategic sourcing initiatives, and coaching and mentoring a high performing team, that will ensure success in this role.
Working Flexibly at BNZ
We're committed to creating an energising workplace for our people and offer a variety of different flexible working arrangements to enable us to be our best inside and outside of work, while still delivering for our customers. Talk to us about how we can make this role work for you.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Great staff banking benefits
- Generous leave entitlements - including flexible sick leave and domestic leave
- Option to purchase an additional 1-2 weeks annual leave
- Discretionary performance incentive schemes
- Flexible working options
Want to be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now!
If you would like to know more about Life at BNZ and how you can help re imagine banking for our customers, please visit www.bnzcareers.co.nz or click the 'apply now' button to submit your confidential application.
Applications close Wednesday, 4 September 2019.