Creating Great Together
For us, it's about more than just banking. We work together in a collaborative, energising environment to create innovative solutions that won't just help our customers be good with money, but also do great things with it.
BNZ's Strategic Sourcing team plays a critical role fulfilling BNZ's need for third party goods and services. Acting as trusted sourcing advisers to the business, we ensure BNZ obtains sustainable value from its outsourcing arrangements, champions supplier relationships, manages supply chain risk and compliance, and we contribute to legendary customer experience.
BNZ's Strategic Relationship Sourcing team is going through an exciting transformation and we're looking for an experienced senior sourcing leader with strong category experience to join the team.
About the Role
Reporting to GM - Strategic Sourcing, you'll own the direction of the 'Business Support' Strategic Sourcing function at BNZ. This is a critical role to ensuring the delivery of market leading, non-technology goods and services to the Bank. You will:
- Lead a high performing team of procurement specialists and drive team development and engagement
- Develop end to end strategic sourcing strategies for the Bank's 'business support' procurement categories (eg fleet, travel, corporate services), drive value from current arrangements, and proactively identify key opportunities, both at the Bank and also at Group level
- Oversee end to end sourcing activities (including leading material supplier negotiations)
- Deliver a seamless, consistent customer experience where Sourcing is a trusted advisor to the business
As a senior sourcing professional, you'll have demonstrated experience and knowledge of the end to end sourcing lifecycle, and a passion for continuous improvement and innovation in procurement.
You'll be an inspirational leader with a growth mindset, and you'll have proven experience leading a high performing sourcing team. You'll have outstanding communication and stakeholder management experience, demonstrated by your ability to effectively influence across the business and build strong relationships.
This role will suit someone who is ready for a challenge and is ready to transform sourcing at BNZ.
While experience in banking or financial services would be an advantage, it will be your proven success in managing key procurement categories, and coaching and mentoring a high performing team that will ensure success in this role.
Working at BNZ
At BNZ, we're passionate about building and sustaining a high-performance culture that motivates our people to deliver exceptional results. We know that every BNZer is unique, with a wide range of goals, ambitions, and lifestyles, so we offer a wide range of benefits and working styles to suit you.
- Wellbeing: Your wellbeing is important to us. When we're at our best, physically and mentally, in and out of work, we can truly create great things together. We're here to support you to be your best with a number of wellbeing initiatives.
- Leave: We all need a bit of time off every now and then. At BNZ we're proud to offer the generous leave options you need and deserve - whether it's for a special occasion, an unexpected event, or an extended vacation.
- Flexibility: We're big on helping you balance life and work. We offer a range of flexible working options that help you be your best, wherever you're based. Talk to us about how we can make this work for you
Want to be part of enabling a high achieving New Zealand? Apply now!
Applications closing 20 December 2019. Please note as Christmas is quickly approaching, we will be reviewing applications as they come in so apply today!
If you would like to know more about Life at BNZ and how you can help re imagine banking for our customers, please visit www.bnzcareers.co.nz or click the 'apply now' button to submit your confidential application.
Applications close Friday, 20 December 2019.